Wednesday 6 April 2011

NEW LEGENDS

Earlier design

Legends are very important for anyone who is doing in a way an abstract job. We designers cannot do our job if we do not have legend. Legends give us the opportunity to understand a drawing without we need to ask any one. I have notice that I in my previous design I am always try to find a new way to shows my legends. One style i am doing lately on my projects is the way I take an element or form from the drawing and I scaled that to the normal legend scale. For example if I want to show park in my drawing in a legend I simply take the park and scale it and call it Park in my legends. For me that is a kind of new style to shows my legends. I use to just make square and colored it in and tell what the colors correspond to. But now if I take the form with the color I believe that the legends will be much clearer to someone else.
fig.1 normal type of legend I sometimes use




fig.2 and 3 Structure map with legend in the form of the element


fig.3 New type of Legends use by myself





Future design

Of course in the future I will still use legends to explain my plans. Legends will help to make your idea that you are showing on the map clearer without being too detailed. The book SWWELL from Prof. de Jong and the excel program has some interesting legends methods that I can always consider to use in the future.

fig.4 fragment about legends in the SWWELL book by de Jong

No comments:

Post a Comment